Turmeric is well known for its medicinal properties and when combined with milk provides additional health benefits. This is very good antioxidants and helps to fight cold, cough and many skin problems. Turmeric milk is also a great way for general body detox. Taking turmeric milk daily can help in blood purification and liver detox. So I am going to do this often and you too try to take it once in a while.
UPDATE: I have updated the picture and the recipe adding dry fruits powder.
- Milk – 2 cups
- Turmeric – 1 inch size
- Ginger – 1 inch size
- Cardamom – 4
- Black pepper – 6
- Cloves – 3
- Palm jaggery grated – 2 tsp
- Saffron – pinch
- Dry fruits powder – 2 tsp
1. Wash and grate turmeric and ginger. Boil milk and add the grated turmeric and ginger. Mix well and keep it in low flame.
2. Add crushed cardamom, Cloves and black pepper to it.
3. Stir well, add saffron and let the milk become little thick in low flame.
4. Remove from heat and add grated jaggery and dry fruits powder. Mix well until it dissolves.
5. Strain it into a cup and serve hot.
Hot turmeric milk is ready.