Idiyappam recipe – Idiyappam is a perfect south Indian breakfast recipe that goes well with coconut milk or simple kurma. I love to eat it with grated coconut, coconut milk and sugar. There are many variations in making this idiyappam. I have shared the simple and easy methods of making idiyappam with rice flour. I have mistakenly deleted many step-wise pictures of some of my recent recipes from camera and I am really lazy to shoot step-wise pictures again. So I have shared only the recipe with main pictures and will update the step-wise pictures soon.
You may also like similar recipes here:
Total time required : 20 minutes
No. Of serving : 3-4
- Rice flour – 1 and 1/2 cups
- Hot water – 1 and 1/2 cups
- Salt – as required
- Oil – 1 tsp
1. Take the rice flour in a pan and dry roast in low flame for 2-3 minutes stirring continously. Keep aside.
2. Boil the water in a pan adding salt and oil. Once it starts boiling, reduce the flame and add roasted rice flour to it.
3. Stir continuously without lumps until it becomes together as smooth dough. Keep covered for 2 minutes and allow it to cool a bit.
4. Once it is hot enough to touch, knead into smooth dough. Grease the idiyappam maker with little oil and take small portion out of dough.
5. Put the portion of dough into idiyappam maker and squeeze slowly into steamer plate or idli plate in circular motion.
6. Once done, place the steamer plate inside steamer and steam cook for 5-10 minutes or until done.
7. The idiyappam is ready. Serve hot with vegetable stew or vegetable kurma.