Idli upma is the quick recipe that can be prepared in minutes for dinner if you have some leftover idlies. This upma is completely different from the taste of idli and normal upma. We use to it often at home as evening snack. This doesn’t need any side dish and can be had as such.
Total time required : 10 minutes
No. Of serving : 2-3
- Idlies – 8
- Onion – 1
- Green chilli – 3
- Curry leaves – 4
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal – 1/2 tsp
- Channa dal – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – as required
- Oil – 1 tsp
1. Take idlies in a bowl and crumble it coarsely with hands. This can also be crumbled evenly in mixie.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and once it splutters add urad dal and channa dal. Fry until it slightly turns color.
3. Add slit green chilli and chopped onion. Saute well until it becomes translucent.
4. Then add turmeric powder and salt. Stir and add the crumbled idlies.
5. Mix everything together and cook for a minute until the idlies gets coated.
6. Remove from flame and garnish with coriander leaves.
Idli upma is ready.