Ginger is well known for its medicinal properties. It aids in digestion and relieves cold and cough. Ginger is added in many recipes like rasam, tea and rice. This kuzhambu is tamarind based and gives unique flavor of ginger, dal and curry leaves. This goes well with rice. Do try this healthy recipe and give your feedback. I saw this recipe in subbus kitchen.
Here is the video recipe of ginger kulambu.
- Tamarind – lemon size
- Jaggery – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Asafoetida – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Ginger – 2 pieces of 1″ each
- Urad dal – 2 tsp
- Channa dal – 2 tsp
- Pepper – 2 tsp
- Curry leaves – 1 tsp
1. Soak tamarind in water and extract the juice.
2. Heat one tsp of oil in pan, add the ingredients under “for grinding” until it turns color.
3. Transfer it to mixer and add chopped ginger pieces. Grind into paste adding little water.
4. Heat oil in kadai, add mustard and cumin seeds. When they splutter add the tamarind juice and bring to boil.
5. Then add turmeric powder, salt and the grounded paste to it. Stir well and boil for few minutes until it becomes little thick.
6. Add jaggery, mix well and remove from flame.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves.