How to make instant jalebi with step-wise pictures and video recipe. Instant jalebi recipe without yeast and using leftover dosa batter. Jalebi is a famous Indian sweet and prepared during festival season. It is served hot with rabri or cold but both the version tastes equally delicious. Usually for preparing traditional jalebi, the batter has to be fermented overnight. This method is for preparing jalebi instantly without yeast, as the dosa batter used is already fermented. The jalebi is crispy outside and succulent juicy inside.
You may also like similar recipes here:
- crispy jalebi
- badusha / balushahi
- thaen mittai
- wheat bread gulab jamun
- soft mysore pak
- motichoor ladoo
I have uploaded the video recipe of instant jalebi below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Recipe source : flavour dairy
Total time required : 20 minutes
No. Of serving : 15-20 jalebis
- Dosa batter – 1/2 cup
- Wheat flour – 1/2 cup
- Baking powder – 1/4 tsp
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Yellow food color – 3 drops
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Water – little as required
- Oil – for frying
FOR SUGAR SYRUP:
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Water – 1 cup
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
1. Take the dosa batter in a mixing bowl. Add wheat flour, baking powder, oil, Cardamom powder and food color to it.
2. Mix everything. Add water little by little and keep mixing without lumps to get a thick smooth batter in flowing consistency. The batter shouldn’t be too thick or thin.
3. Keep aside the batter for 10-15 minutes. Meanwhile prepare sugar syrup boiling sugar and water in a pan.
4. Stir and boil in medium flame until one string consistency (refer notes). Remove from flame, add lemon juice and mix. The syrup has to be warm or hot while adding jalebis.
5. Now, mix the resting batter well and pour into jalebi making bottle or into piping bag with small hole.
6. Heat oil for flying. Check temperature dropping small pieces, it has to rise to top slowly. This is the right temperature.
7. Simmer the flame and pipe the batter into oil in circular motion making jalebis. Fry on both sides until the bubble stops and it turns little crispy.
8. Drain from oil and drop into hot sugar syrup. Repeat for remaining batter and allow the jalebis to be soaked in syrup for 2-3 minutes.
9. Remove from syrup and arrange it in a plate. Serve the jalebis hot or cold with rabri.
- To test one string consistency, rub little syrup between thumb and forefinger, when the fingers are separated a single string has to be formed in between the fingers.