Instant onion oats uthappam recipe with step-wise pictures. This oats uthappam is a healthy breakfast and kids friendly recipe. Looking for a quick breakfast recipe is a very big task for many as we don’t want to repeat the dishes. I was searching for a healthy uthappam recipe and found this in veg recipes of India. This is definitely a never fail recipe and tastes so good with a simple chutney or sambar. This gives 4 uthappam with this measurements.
- Instant oats – 1/4 cup
- Rava – 1/4 cup
- Besan – 1/4 cup
- Salt – as required
- Water – 2/3 + 1/4 cups
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Cooking soda – pinch
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Onion – 1
- Tomato – 1
1. Take instant oats in a mixer and grind into powder. Chop onion and tomato very finely.
2. Add it to a bowl, now add rava, salt and besan to the powdered oats and mix adding 2/3 cup of water.
3. The batter will be thick. Keep it aside for 15 minutes so that rava absorbs all the water.
4. Then again add 1/4 cup of water to the batter and mix to get thick dosa batter consistency.
5. Add lemon juice and cooking soda. Mix well and keep it for a minute. If you don’t have lemon juice then 1/4 cup of curd can be added.
6. Heat a dosa pan, drizzle oil and pour ladle full of batter. Do not spread. Drizzle oil in sides.
7. Add finely chopped onion and tomato on top and let it cool until it changes color.
8. Gently flip to the other side and cook for a minute. Remove from flame and repeat the process for remaining batter.
9. Serve hot with chutney or sambar.