Rava dosa is a popular breakfast recipe prepared with fine semolina. It is thin and soft than the normal dosa. This is my favorite drink dosa and I order it often whenever we go out to enjoy south Indian recipes. This is instant dosa and don’t require fermentation time for batter. I use to store the rava dosa mix in container and use it whenever needed for making breakfast.
You may also like similar recipes here:
I have uploaded the video recipe of rava dosa below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Total time required : 15 minutes
No. Of serving : 3-4
- Rava – 1/2 cup
- Rice flour – 1/2 cup
- All purpose flour – 1/4 cup
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Salt – as required
- Pepper seeds – 6
- Onion – 1
- Carrot grated – 1/2 cup
- Green chilli – 2
- Ginger chopped – 1 tsp
- Curd – 1 tbsp
- Water – as required (approx. 4 1/2 cups)
- Oil – as required
1. Mix together rava, rice flour, maida, salt and cumin seeds. This is instant rava dosa mix. Store this in airtight container and use whenever needed.
2. To the rava dosa mix, add fine chopped onion, green chilli, ginger, carrot and crushed pepper.
3. Add curd and required water. Mix everything well without lumps into thin batter. The batter has to be like buttermilk consistency.
4. Keep aside for 5 minutes. It would have become slightly thick now as rava absorbs water. Now add little water if needed and mix together.
5. Heat a flat pan, drizzle oil and pour ladle full of batter on sides and towards the center. Do not spread the batter.
6. Drizzle some oil on sides and cook in medium flame until it turns golden. It will take little longer time than normal dosa.
7. Turn to the other side carefully and cook for a minute. Remove from pan and repeat for remaining batter, mixing well every time.
8. The instant rava dosa is ready. Serve it with coconut chutney or podi.