Jackfruit seeds stir fry is a delicious and easy south Indian recipe that can be served as snacks or side dish for rice. This is quick recipe that can be prepared in minutes. I have prepared this as side dish for palakottai kulambu and rice. You can also enjoy it in evening as snacks.
You may also like similar recipes here:
I have uploaded the video recipe of palakottai stir fry below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Cooking time : 15 minutes
No. Of serving : 2
- Palakottai – 15
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Sambar powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing
- Salt – as required
- Oil – 2 tsp
1. Wash the palakottai. Cut into half and remove the outer white skin. Doing this will take much time.
2. Once done, take the palakottai in cooker, add little salt and required water to it. Pressure cook for 4 whistles.
3. Once pressure releases, drain excess water and keep aside.
1. Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Once it splutters, add cooked palakottai and saute for a minute.
2. Now add required salt, turmeric powder, sambar powder along with little water.
3. Mix well and cook until the added water evaporates. The palakottai has to coated well with masala.
4. Switch off flame and garnish with coriander leaves.
5. Serve hot with rice,sambar or as evening snacks.