Jaggery rava kesari recipe with step-wise pictures. Jaggery rava kesari is a healthy variation to traditional rava kesari recipe. This is absolutely delicious and can be prepared for any festival and occasions. I have prepared this jaggery rava kesari for making rava kozhukattai using it. I liked it a lot than the sugar added kesari.
You may also like similar recipes here:
Total time required : 20 minutes
No. Of serving : 3
- Rava – 1/4 cup
- Jaggery – 3/4 cup
- Grated coconut – 3 tbsp
- Water – 1 and 1/4 cup
- Salt – pinch
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Ghee – 2 tsp
- Raisins – 6
- Cashews – 6
1. Dry roast rava in a pan for 2-3 minutes in medium flame without changing color. Keep aside.
2. Boil water and jaggery in a pan. Stir well until jaggery dissolves. Strain to remove impurities and boil it again.
3. Add salt, cardamom powder and grated coconut to the jaggery water and mix. I have added coconut pooranam that I had instead of coconut.
4. Once it starts boiling, reduce the flame and add roasted rava. Keep stirring it without forming lumps.
5. Cook for few minutes until it becomes thick. Add a tsp of ghee, mix and cook in medium flame until it starts leaving sides of the pan.
6. The tasty rava kesari is ready. Garnish with cashews and raisins fried in ghee.