Kadai paneer recipe with step-wise pictures. Kadai paneer / Paneer masala gravy is a tasty, spicy side dish for chapathi. It is prepared by cooking paneer in tomato based gravy. This is delicious and goes well also with naan, roti and paratha. The cream is not used in the gravy and it is more of thinner gravy. Cashew paste is used for thickening and richness. This Kadai paneer is similar to restaurant style paneer gravy. It is called Kadai paneer as it is prepared in wide pan which is usually called as Kadai.
Total time required : 30 minutes
No. Of serving : 4
- Paneer – 250 gms
- Onion – 1
- Tomato – 1
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Cardamom – 2
- Cinnamon – 1/2 inch
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – as required
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing
- Cashews – 10
1. Thaw the paneer to room temperature and cut into 1 inch size cubes. Place it in hot water until use.
2. Soak the cashews in water for 15 minutes and grind into thick paste. Keep aside.
3. Heat oil in a kadai, add cinnamon and Cardamom and cumin seeds. Fry for a minute in low flame.
4. Add finely chopped onion and saute until becomes translucent. Then add ginger garlic paste and saute until raw smell goes.
5. Add chopped tomatoes and cook until it becomes soft and mushy.
6. Now add turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala powder, required salt along with little water. Stir and cook until it becomes thick.
7. Add the paneer cubes and cashew paste. Mix and cook for 2-3 minute.
8. Once it becomes little thick, remove from flame and garnish with coriander leaves.
9. Transfer to serving bowl and serve hot with chapathi.
You can also add fresh cream on top before serving.