Karupatti coffee recipe with step-wise pictures. Karupatti coffee is a healthy traditional morning drink prepared with palm jaggery and milk. Usually karupatti coffee is prepared as black coffee without milk but the milk added to this gives extra taste and makes it healthier. I have added instant coffee powder, you can make the same with filter coffee decoction too. Karupatti has many health benefits and adding it to coffee aids in cold and cough.
You may also like similar recipes here:
Total time required : 10 minutes
No. of serving : 2-3
- Milk – 2 cups
- Water – 1 cup
- Palm jaggery – 2 tbsp
- Instant coffee powder – 2 tsp
1. Boil water and milk in a saucepan. Once it comes to boil, add instant powder and boil for a minute.
2. Remove from flame and allow the milk to cool a bit. Add palm jaggery powder and mix well. Adding palm jaggery to hot milk will curdle it.
3. Once palm jaggery is dissolved, stain the coffee and pour into serving cup.
4. Serve hot and enjoy this healthy drink.