Lemon rice is a popular south Indian variety rice recipe. It is prepared usually with the leftover rice adding lemon juice and tempering. Lemon juice gives a tangy taste to the rice making it tasty. This is also a good travel food as it remains good for 2-3 days. This can be had with pickle, appalam or masal vadai.
You may also like similar recipes here:
I have uploaded the video recipe of lemon rice below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Total time required : 10 minutes
No. Of serving : 3-4
- Cooked rice – 2 cups
- Lemon – 1
- Onion – 1
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Red chilli – 4
- Urad dal – 2 tsp
- Coconut – 3 tbsp
- Asafoetida – pinch
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – as required
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Cashews / peanuts – as required (optional)
1. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and urad dal to it. Saute until it turns golden.
2. Add red chilli, Asafoetida and saute for a minute. Add chopped onion and saute until translucent.
3. Add turmeric powder, chilli powder and cook until raw smell goes.
4. Now add cooked rice and mix well in low flame for a minute. Add roasted peanuts or Cashews (I didn’t add).
5. Switch off the flame, add required salt grated coconut and squeeze lemon juice. Mix together with ladle.
6. Lemon rice is ready. Serve hot and enjoy.