Masala Macaroni recipe with step-wise pictures. Masala Macaroni is a Indian style paste recipe prepared adding Indian spices. This is easy to make and tastes great with flavors of spices added. You can also add vegetable, mushrooms or eggs to this recipe. I have skipped adding it keeping it simple. This masala macaroni can be served as snacks or as dinner. I have added red chilli paste that I had at home, you can also add red chilli powder instead of it. However I have shared making red chilli paste in the notes section below.
You may also like similar recipes here:
- Spaghetti stir fry
- Indian style egg noodles
- egg and bread fried rice
- sweet corn sandwich
- paneer sandwich
Total time required : 15 minutes
No. Of serving : 3
- Macaroni – 1 cup
- Onion – 1
- Tomato – 1
- Dry chilli garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Dry mango powder – 1 tsp
- Grated cheddar cheese – 2 tbsp
- Salt – as required
- Oil – 2 tsp + 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing
1. Boil 2 cups of water adding a tsp of oil. Once it starts boiling, add macaroni pasta and cook for 5-10 minutes stirring occasionally to prevent sticking to bottom.
2. Once the pasta turns soft, drain from water and add cold water to prevent further cooking of pasta. Mix with a spoon to separate and keep aside.
3. Heat a pan adding oil. Add cumin seeds and once it splutters add dry chilli garlic paste and saute for a minute.
4. Add chopped onion and saute until translucent. Now add chopped tomatoes along with turmeric powder and dry mango powder. Cook until mushy and combined.
5. Add cooked pasta along with required salt. Toss well and cook for a minute until coated well with masala.
6. Switch off and transfer to a serving bowl. Add grated cheese on top and serve.
- You can also add red chilli powder and chopped garlic separately instead of paste. I have added the paste as I had it at home.
- To make the chilli paste, grind together 4 red chilli and 6 pods of garlic adding little water.