Mango payasam is a rich and delicious dessert drink. It is also a famous onam sadya recipe. It is usually prepared with milk, rice and mango puree as main ingredients. I have tried a simple and quick version without adding rice and milk. This is a tasty drink with a unique coconut and mango combination.
You may also like similar recipes here:
I have uploaded the recipe video of Mambazha payasam below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Total time required : 10 minutes
No. Of serving : 3
- Mango – 1 large size
- Coconut milk – 1 cup
- Palm sugar – 4 tbsp
- Cardamom – 2
- Grated / dessicated coconut – 3 tbsp
- Chopped nuts – 2 tbsp
1. Wash the mangoes and cut the mango into slices. Add it to a blender (reserving few pieces for garnishing) and blend into thick puree adding little water.
2. Heat a pan with a tsp of ghee. Pour the mango puree and cook in low flame until it comes to boil.
3. Add palm sugar and crushed cardamom to it. Mix well and boil until sugar dissolves.
4. Switch off the flame, add dessicated coconut and coconut milk. Mix well and add chopped nuts.
5. Pour into serving glass and add mango pieces on top.
6. Serve and enjoy this mangolicious coconut kheer.
7. This mango payasam can be served warm or chilled. It tastes too good when had chilled.