Mango kesari is one of the quick, easy and delicious dessert that can be prepared for any occasions. It is smooth, mildly sweet and mangolicious. You can enjoy this mango kesari during neivedhyam or vratham. I have tried many mango recipes this season and this is my most favorite mango recipe among them. You can add any variety of mangoes to this kesari and enjoy it in minutes.
You may also like similar recipes here:
I have uploaded the video recipe of mango kesari below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Total time required : 15 minutes
No. Of serving : 2
- Mango – 2 small size
- Rava – 1/4 cup
- Sugar – 1/4 cup
- Water – 3/4 cup
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – pinch
- Cashews – 6
- Raisins – 10
- Ghee – 3 tbsp
1. Wash the mangoes, remove the pulp and blend into puree adding little water. The puree comes to approx 1/2 cup.
2. Heat a pan with a tbsp of ghee, add cashews and raisins. Fry until golden and keep aside.
3. Add another tbsp of ghee to the same pan and rava. Roast it in medium flame until it gives aroma of roasted rava and slightly changes color. Keep aside.
4. Now add water to the pan and bring to boil. Add the mango puree, cardamom powder and salt. Mix well.
5. Once it comes to boil, reduce the flame and add the roasted rava. Mix without lumps and cook in low flame until it becomes thick.
6. Add sugar and stir. It will loosen again as sugar melts. Add the remaining tbsp of ghee and cook until the kesari comes together.
7. Add the fried cashews and raisins to the kesari and mix.
8. The delicious mango kesari is ready.
9. Serve it warm and enjoy. Yummy !!!