Mango is such a versatile fruit that can be added to many desserts to get variation. Mango phirni is a famous North Indian dessert that is usually prepared for any celebration. This pudding is made with milk, mango, basmati rice and sugar. The mango phirni is a delicious dessert that can be prepared for any party. I wanted to try all the possible mango recipes before the season ends. The procedure for making this phirni is similar to mango kulfi recipe that I posted before. This tastes so well when served chill.
- Mango – 1
- Milk – 2 cups and 1/4 cup
- Sugar – 1/3 cup
- Basmati rice – 1/4 cup
- Cashews – 6
- Almonds – 6
- Pistachios – 10
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
1. Wash, soak rice and nuts in water for half an hour. Peel the skin and scoop the pulp of mango, blend into thick puree.
2. Transfer rice and nuts to a mixie jar, add 1/4 cup of milk and blend it into semi coarse paste.
3. Take milk in a deep pan and bring to boil. Then add the rice nuts paste to it.
4. Keep boiling in low flame by stirring continuously to prevent burning at bottom. Then add cardamom powder and sugar.
5. Stir well until it comes to thick and creamy consistency like porridge.
6. Switch off flame and allow it to cool completely. Then add mango puree and mix well.
7. Refrigerate for about 2 hours and garnish with chopped nuts.
8. Enjoy the chilled mango phirni.
- Any sweet variety of mango can be used. I have added Alphonso mango.
- Condensed milk can be added instead of sugar.
- The milk will become thick quickly after adding rice paste so keep stirring in low flame.