Mango rabri is a rich, creamy, delicious traditional dessert. It is simple to make with minimal ingredients. This rabri tastes heavenly with the combination of milk solids and mango. Summer is the best time to enjoy such delicious mango recipes. I have basket of mangoes at home and trying some possible tasty mango recipes this week.
I have prepared this in traditional way by boiling milk in slow flame until it reduces. This definitely takes time but totally worth the time spent for cooking. If you want to make it quick, then add a tsp of corn flour or custard powder dissolved in milk, or condensed milk to fasten the thickening process. But adding this will modify the taste a bit.
You may also like similar recipes here:
I have uploaded the video recipe of mango rabri below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Total time required : 45 minutes
No. Of serving : 3-4
- Full fat milk – 4 cups
- Palm sugar – 3 tbsp
- Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
- Thick Mango puree – 1 cup
- Chopped nuts – 1/4 cup
1. Boil milk in a heavy bottomed pan. Once it comes to boil, reduce the flame and keep boiling.
2. Stir occasionally to avoid burning at bottom. Keep scrapping the sides and mix with milk.
3. After the milk reduces to half quantity (after about 20 minutes) add sugar, cardamom powder and chopped nuts.
4. Mix until the sugar dissolves and keep boiling in completely low flame until it becomes thick.
5. Once done, remove from flame and allow to cool completely.
6. Add the thick mango puree to the prepared rabri and mix well.
7. Pour into serving bowl and garnish with nuts before serving.
8. You can also refrigerate and serve chilled.