Masala Dum tea recipe with step-wise pictures and video recipe. Masala Dum tea is a extra strong flavorful masala chai prepared in unique way using pressure cooker. Dum here means brewing tea by covering with lid in cooker so that the flavor and aroma of tea is locked. I have added Cardamom, Cloves and ginger for added flavor and taste. This method of making tea is called as OPOS (one pot one shot) tea, created by Mr. Ramakrishnan.
You may also like similar recipes here:
- turmeric masala milk
- masala tea
- saffron tea
- vendhaya tea
- chocolate tea
- sulaimani tea
- kashmiri pink tea
I have uploaded the video recipe of dum masala tea here. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Total time required : 5 minutes
Recipe inspiration : foodnmoi
No. Of serving : 2
- Milk – 2 and 1/2 cups
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Tea powder – 2 tsp
- Sugar – 3 tbsp
- Cardamom – 2
- Cloves – 3
- Crushed Ginger – 1/2 inch
1. Take a pressure cooker and add one cup of water to the bottom. Take a vessel that can be placed and fits inside the cooker.
2. Add milk and water to the vessel. Mix with a spoon and add tea powder along with other remaining ingredients to it.
3. Mix well until sugar dissolves and keep inside the cooker. Close the cooker with lid and whistle. Pressure cook on high flame for one whistle (3 minutes).
4. After the whistle, manually release the pressure and open the cooker. Remove the vessel inside cooker and strain to cup using metal strainer.
5. Masala dum tea is ready. Serve hot and enjoy.