Masala egg bonda is well known street food in my native. I remember the days I worked in college as professor. I use to eat this bonda often along with my colleagues in a shop while returning home. Such a lovely days and this egg bonda reminds me of those days. Now back to the recipe, this is prepared by adding masala to egg yolk and preparing it as stuffing to fill in eggs again. The egg bonda serves as very good evening snack with a cup of tea.
Click here for the video recipe of masala egg bonda:
- Eggs – 3
- Onion – 1
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1/2 + 1/2 tsp
- Besan – 3 tsp
- Rice flour – 1 tsp
- Salt – as required
- Oil – for frying
1. Boil eggs, remove shell and cut lengthwise into two halves. Heat oil in wide pan.
2. Meanwhile remove the yolk and take it in a bowl, add finely chopped onion, garam masala powder, 1/2 tsp of chilli powder and salt to it.
3. Mix until everything is combined well. Take small amount and fill inside the egg white. Repeat for remaining eggs.
4. Now take besan, rice flour, 1/2 tsp of chilli powder and little salt in another bowl and mix together adding little water to make thick batter.
5. The batter has to be in slightly pouring consistency. Now dip the stuffed eggs into batter and drop into hot oil.
6. Fry for few minutes in medium flame and turn other side. Cook until it turns brown on both sides.
7. Remove from oil and drain excess oil in tissue papers.
8. Serve hot with ketchup.