Masala oats recipe with step-wise pictures and video recipe. Masala oats is a simple, quick and healthy breakfast recipe. It is ideal breakfast for kids, older people, diabetic people and people in diet. This Oats porridge is completely filling and has the goodness of vegetables. I usually take oats with milk and this is my first try with masala oats. I liked it so much as the vegetables and masala added to oats makes it more tastier.
You may also like similar recipes here:
- instant oats uthappam
- oats veg cutlet
- apple oats pancake
- gulkand oats drink
- oats curd rice
- coconut oats ladoo
I have uploaded the video recipe of masala oats below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Total time required : 15 minutes
No. Of serving : 2
- Instant oats – 1 cup
- Water – 2 and 1/2 cup
- Onion – 1
- Tomato – 1
- Carrot – 1
- Beans – 1/4 cup
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Red chilli – 2
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Asafoetida – pinch
- Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/4 tsp
- Sambar powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – as required
- Oil – 2 tsp
1. Wash and chop vegetables into pieces. Chop onion and tomato.
2. Heat a pan with oil, add mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Once it splutters, add red chilli, curry leaves and chopped onion.
3. Saute until translucent. Add chopped tomatoes and cook until mushy. Now add asafoetida, chilli powder, Turmeric powder, Coriander powder and sambar powder.
4. Stir and cook until raw smell goes. Add the chopped veggies and saute for a minute.
5. Add required water and salt. Mix and cook covered until the veggies gets cooked soft.
6. Add the oats and saute well. Pour 2 and 1/2 cups of water and mix well.
7. Cook in medium flame for 5-10 minutes until oats gets cooked and combined well.
8. The tasty masala oats is ready. Garnish with Coriander leaves.
9. Serve hot for breakfast and enjoy.