Masala pori is a crispy, crunchy snack to have with a evening tea or coffee. The spices and the crunchy garlic, peanuts adds to the taste of pori. This is similar to beach style pori. You can also make it by adding finely chopped onion, tomato and grated carrots. This can be stored in airtight container and served to kids in evening.
Total time required : 15 minutes
No. Of serving : 6
- Pori – 5 cups
- Garlic – 7
- Peanuts – 1/4 cup
- Curry leaves – handful
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Red chilli – 2
- Asafoetida – 1/4 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1/4 tsp
- Lemon juice – 5 drops (optional)
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Salt – as required
1. Heat oil in a pan and add peanuts to the oil. Fry in medium flame until it turns color.
2. Add crushed garlic and red chilli to it. Roast until garlic turns brown and crisp.
3. Then add curry leaves, turmeric powder, Hing, chilli powder and salt. Mix and fry for a minute.
4. Add pori to the mixture and give a good mix such that everything gets mixed well.
5. Squeeze few drops of lemon juice and toss well. This is optional and lemon juice is added to give tangy taste.
6. Once it cools, store in airtight container.