Masala tea recipe with step-wise pictures. Masala tea / masala chai is a spicy flavorful tea prepared in India. This is perfect beverage to enjoy with snacks. This is very soothing when had during monsoon and winter season. There is many roadside shops offering masala tea in India and it is very good experience to taste it at least once there. I love to enjoy this chai at home watching the rains. This is prepared by adding spices like cardamom, cinnamon, pepper corns and bay leaves.
- Milk – 1 cup
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Tea powder – 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Brown sugar (palm sugar) – 3 tsp
- Bay leaf – 1
- Cinnamon – 1 inch
- Cardamom – 3
- Pepper seeds – 10
- Cloves – 3
- Dry ginger powder – 1 tsp
- Nutmeg powder – 1 tsp
1. Boil milk adding water to it. Once it comes to boil, keep it in low flame.
2. Add add the remaining ingredients except sugar one by one.
3. Stir well and let it boil for few minutes in low flame until the flavors are infused well.
4. Add brown sugar and mix well until it dissolves. Remove from flame once the tea gets its dark colour and gives a nice aroma.
5. Strain the tea to serving cup and enjoy.