Matar paneer recipe with step-wise pictures and video recipe. Matar paneer / peas paneer masala is a North Indian tomato based side dish for chapatti, naan, paratha or poori. The combination of green peas and paneer makes this irresistible curry for any party or weekend meal.
You may also like similar recipes here:
- kadai paneer gravy
- paneer bhurji capsicum gravy
- paneer butter masala
- vegetable kurma
- potato curd gravy
I have uploaded the video recipe of matar paneer below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Total time required : 20 minutes
No. Of serving : 3-4
- Green peas – 1 cup
- Paneer – 1 cup
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon – 1/2 inch
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Salt – as required
- Kashturi methi – 1 tsp
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Cardamom – 1
- Garlic – 10
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Onion – 1
- Tomato – 1
- Cashews – 15
- Green chilli – 1
- Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
- Mint leaves – 2 tbsp (optional)
1. Heat a pan with a tsp of oil and add paneer cubes to it. Saute for 2 minutes in low flame until it turns golden. Remove from pan and keep aside.
2. To the same pan, add 1 tsp of oil. Add Cumin seeds, Cardamom, garlic and ginger to it. Saute for a minute.
3. Add chopped onion and saute until translucent. Now add chopped tomatoes and cook until soft. Allow it to cool and transfer to a blender.
4. Add Cashews, green chilli, mint leaves and Coriander leaves to the blender along with little water. Grind into smooth paste. Keep aside.
5. Heat pan adding 3 tbsp of oil. Add Cinnamon and Cumin seeds, saute for a minute.
6. Now add grounded onion tomato paste to oil and stir well. Cook in medium flame, add Coriander powder, chilli powder and garam masala powder to it.
7. Mix well and cook for few minutes stirring occasionally until oil separates. Now add the fried paneer cubes and green peas to it. I have added frozen peas, if using dried peas then pressure cook before adding.
8. Stir well for a minute until paneer gets coated well with masala. Add required water along with required salt to it.
9. Mix and cook for 5-10 minutes in medium flame. Add a tsp of sugar, mix and cook for a minute.
10. Finally add crushed kashturi methi and remove from flame.
11. The tasty matar paneer is ready. Serve hot with chapatti, parotta or naan.