Milk halwa is my favorite sweet from childhood and I remember having it almost daily in sweet shop near our home when I was in school. Our house is near bus stand surrounded by shops so after school I enjoy having my snacks in shops nearby. Such a lovely days to cherish. This palkova recipe reminds me of those days.
This is my first try in microwave though I made it many times on stove top which would take nearly 1 hour of time for 1 litre of milk. But this is such a quick recipe and comes out exactly in same taste. This is an ideal recipe when you don’t have much time to prepare for any festival. I have made small ladoos with this theratipal for Shravanthi.
Total time : 6 minutes
No of serving : 2
- Condensed milk – 1/2 tin
- Yogurt / curd – 2 tsp
- Ghee – 2 tsp +1 tsp for greasing
- Saffron – few strands
1. Take a deep microwave safe bowl, grease it with ghee and add all the ingredients to the bowl.
2. Mix well and keep it in microwave high for 3 minutes.
3. Stir it and again keep it in microwave high for 2 minutes. The mixture will rise well to top so take big deep bowl.
4. After 5 minutes it will be bubbling in middle and slightly dried on sides. I like it in brown color so kept for another one minute.
5. Let it sit for about 2 minutes and stir to get a grainy texture.
6. The delicious milk halwa is ready.
- If you are preparing with full tin of condensed milk then the time varies and may take some more minutes.
- Cardamom powder can be added for flavor.
- Cocoa powder can be added to make chocolate milk halwa.