Paal halwa is a delicious and famous recipe that has a prominent milk taste. It is in grainy texture and just melts in mouth. Milk cake is the same Paal halwa made into squares and don’t think it is baked cake adding milk. We get the milk cake slices in sweet shops often as my brother likes it a lot.
I have prepared this as I got a litre of milk curdled so thought of preparing the milk cake. You have to put the prepared halwa into greased plate and cut into squares as it cools. I didn’t cut it as I got little quantity out of one litre milk and enjoyed as such. It is absolutely delicious and I’m sure you will make it again once tasted.
I had curdled milk so made it out of it. If you are starting with milk then curdle it adding few drops of lemon juice and proceed further. I have prepared it adding jaggery instead of sugar.
You may also like similar recipes here:
I have uploaded the video of this milk cake recipe below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Total time required : 30 minutes
No. Of serving : 2
- Milk – 1 litre
- Jaggery – 1/2 cup
- Cardamom – 3
- Ghee – 3 tbsp
- Lemon – 1/2
1. Boil milk in a pan and once it comes to boil, reduce the flame and slowly add lemon juice.
2. Mix well and keep it as such for few seconds. The milk will curdle and seperate into whey water and milk solids.
3. Remove from flame and let it cool a bit. Filter the milk solids in a strainer or cheese cloth. Keep one cup of whey water. (Refer notes section)
4. Crumble the milk solids with hands. No need to squeeze too much to remove water.
5. Now take a pan and add one cup of whey water that is filtered to the pan.
6. Add jaggery to the whey water and stir until the jaggery dissolves.
7. Add crushed cardamom and milk solids to it and stir well.
8. Reduce the flame and cook until all the water evaporates. Stir occasionally to avoid burning at bottom.
9. Once all the water evaporates, add ghee to it and stir well.
10. The mixture has to be thick and come together. It will release a pleasant aroma.
11. Grease a small vessel with ghee and transfer the mixture to it. Press it well and level the surface with spoon.
12. Set aside until firm and cut into squares.
13. Serve and enjoy this delicious milk cake burfi.
- You don’t have to discard the remaining whey water. It is rich in proteins and use it for preparing dishes instead of water.
- I haven’t cut the milk cake into slices as I got small quantity of the sweet with one litre of milk.
- Adding jaggery instead of sugar is not only healthy but also increases taste.
- You can also cook the whey water and solids as such without straining. I have filtered to fasten the process and it takes lot of time for the whole water to evaporate.