Milk powder gulab jamun recipe with step-wise pictures. Milk powder gulab jamun is a popular sweet dumplings prepared with milk powder and soaked in flavored sugar syrup. The jamuns are soft, juicy and just melts in mouth. It is usually prepared adding khoya and if khoya is not easily available at your place then this milk jamun to best to give a try.
You may also like similar recipes here:
- wheat bread gulab jamun
- sweet potato gulab jamun
- thaen mittai
- badusha / balushahi
- instant jalebi
- gulab jamun cake (eggless)
Total time required : 30 minutes
No. Of serving : 12 jamuns
- Milk powder – 1 cup
- All purpose flour / Wheat flour – 3 tbsp
- Baking powder – 1/8 tsp
- Salt – pinch
- Milk – 1 tbsp
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- Curd – 2 tbsp
- Oil – for deep frying
FOR SUGAR SYRUP:
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Water – 1 and 1/2 cup
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
1. Sieve together milk powder, baking powder, flour to a mixing bowl. I have added wheat flour.
2. Add salt, ghee and curd to it and mix well. Knead into smooth sticky dough. Keep it aside for 5 minutes. Add little extra milk if required.
3. Meanwhile for preparing sugar syrup, take sugar and water in a pan. Boil and stir until sugar dissolves.
4. Add Cardamom powder and boil until it turns little sticky. Switch off the flame and keep it hot.
5. Now knead the dough again and divide into small smooth balls without cracks.
6. Heat oil for deep frying. Check temperature by dropping small piece, it has to rise to top slowly without changing color.
7. Drop the jamuns and fry in low to medium flame until it turns golden. Drain and add to hot sugar syrup.
8. For kala jamun, re-fry the jamuns again until darker brown before adding to hot sugar syrup. Let it be soaked for 2-3 hours.
9. The tasty milk powder gulab jamun is ready.
10. Serve chilled or warm.