Mixed fruit pachadi / kalyana sweet pachadi recipe with step-wise pictures and video recipe. Mixed fruit pachadi is a special south Indian accompaniment prepared with mixed fruits and seasonal fruits. This is simple to make and tastes absolutely delicious. The pachadi can be had as such or as side dish to any meal or chapathi. This is served in South Indian weddings and in Kerala Onam sadya. I had this in saravana bhavan hotel for the first time and liked it a lot.
You may also like similar recipes here:
- beetroot pachadi
- fruits custard
- fruits curd rice
- mixed fruits smoothie
- mixed fruits salad with honey
I have uploaded the video recipe of mixed fruit pachadi below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Total time required : 15 minutes
No.of serving : 3-4
- Apple – 1
- Seedless Grapes – 1/2 cup
- Plum – 1
- Mango – 1
- Banana – 1
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Rose essence / rose water – 1 tsp
1. Wash all the fruits and chop into small pieces. Keep the apple pieces immersed in water to prevent discoloration.
2. Take sugar and water in a pan. Stir and boil until sugar dissolves. Once it starts boiling, simmer the flame and add banana pieces.
3. Stir well and cook until the banana turns soft and mixture thickens.
4. Now add the fruits one by one – Apple, plum and Grapes. Mix and cook for 5-10 minutes in medium flame until the fruits turns soft but not mushy.
5. Add mangoes and stir well. Switch off the flame and allow it to cool. The mixture would have turned pale pink due to the addition of plum.
6. Once it cools, add rose water and mix. Refrigerate it for about an hour.
7. Serve chilled as dessert or as accompaniment. Yummy !!!
- You can add any fruits like pineapple, pomegranate, guava, dates.
- I have added plum for the base color. If not adding plum, you can add tomato puree for bright red color.