Mochai kottai biryani recipe with step-wise pictures. Mochai kottai biryani is a delicious biryani variety prepared with field beans. It is perfect weekend meal served with simple raita and fry. This also serves as perfect lunch box recipe. I have tried this recipe in the method that my husband usually follows for making biryani. This makes it extra flavorful and tasty.
You may also like similar recipes here:
- cabbage biryani
- tomato biryani
- semiya biryani
- potato mint biryani
- mushroom biryani
- panner peas biryani
- soya chunks biryani
Total time required : 20 minutes
No. Of serving : 5
- Rice – 2 cups
- Field beans – 1 cup
- Curd – 1/4 cup
- Water – 6 cups
- Onion – 1 large size
- Tomato – 3 medium size
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Mint leaves – 1/4 cup
- Turmeric powder – pinch
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Salt – as required
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Cinnamon – 1/2 inch
- Cloves – 3
- Cardamom – 2
- Bay leaf – 1
1. Wash the rice and soak it in water for 10 minutes. Wash the field beans and keep aside.
2. Chop onion and tomato lengthwise. Ground fresh ginger garlic paste.
3. Take a pressure cooker and add oil to it. Once the oil is hot, add the curd directly to it and stir well. Take care as the curd splutters a lot.
4. Once the curd and oil is combined well, add the spices mentioned and saute for a minute.
5. Add ginger garlic paste and cook until raw smell goes. Now add chopped onion and saute until translucent.
6. Add tomato and cook until soft and mushy. Now add salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder and Coriander powder to it.
7. Mix well. Cook until everything is combined and oil separates. Add mint leaves, field beans and soaked rice to it. Mix and saute for a minute.
8. Now add required water (approx 6 cups) to it and check for salt. Once it starts boiling, mix once and close the lid of pressure cooker.
9. Cook for 2-3 whistles. Once the pressure releases, open the cooker and gently fluff the rice with fork.
10. Serve mochakottai biryani with raita.