Mughlai Cauliflower, potato and green peas sabzi recipe with step-wise pictures. Mughalai Cauliflower, potato and green peas sabzi is a rich onion tomato based curry that goes well with chapathi, naan or roti. This is rich with flavors of saffron and spices. The strong aroma and taste of saffron in the curry takes the taste to next level.
You may also like similar recipes here:
- vegetable white kurma
- cauliflower peas kurma
- baby corn kurma
- mixed sprouts kurma
- mixed vegetable jalfrezi
Total time required : 25 minutes
No. Of serving : 4
- Cauliflower – 1 cup
- Fresh green peas – 1/2 cup
- Potatoes – 3 medium size
- Saffron – 1/2 tsp
- Curd – 1/4 cup
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Salt – as required
- Onion – 1
- Red chilli – 4
- Coriander seeds – 1 tsp
- Cinnamon – 1 inch
- Cloves – 2
- Cardamom – 2
- Fennel seeds – 1/4 tsp
1. Chop onion. Wash the vegetables and cut into pieces. Keep potato soaked in water to avoid darkening.
2. Take curd in a bowl, add saffron to it and mix well until combined. Keep aside.
3. Take chopped onion in a mixer, add red chilli, Coriander seeds, cinnamon, Cloves, Cardamom and Fennel seeds to it. Grind into smooth paste adding required water.
4. Add butter to a pan. Once it melts, add Cumin seeds and let it splutter.
5. Add grounded onion spices paste to it and saute well. Stir and cook in medium flame until oil separates.
6. Now add chopped vegetables and saute for a minute. Pour required water and salt for cooking vegetables. Cook covered until vegetables gets cooked yet firm.
7. Simmer the flame and add curd saffron mixture to it. Mix and cook for 2 minutes in completely low flame.
8. Switch off the flame. The tasty mughalai Cauliflower, potato and green peas sabzi ready.