Multigrain waffles recipe with step-wise pictures. Multigrain Waffle is the recipe that we have started liking so much nowadays. I have got a waffle maker as a prize in baking contest and prepared wheat flour waffle in that. Everyone at home liked it so much and the best part is it can be prepared in less than 15 minutes. Again I thought of trying a waffle recipe using homemade sathu maavu (health mix) and ragi flour. These crispy and soft waffle have a nice texture and pleasant flavor. This is also eggless and healthy as I have used jaggery.
You can also check eggless whole wheat waffle recipe in the link.
Total time required : 15 minutes
No. Of serving : 8 waffles
- Wheat flour – 1/2 cup
- Sathu maavu – 1/2 cup
- Ragi flour – 1/2 cup
- Powdered jaggery – 3/4 cup
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Oil – 1/4 cup
- Salt – pinch
- Milk – 1 and 1/4 cup
1. Preheat waffle maker as per the instruction given along with the machine.
2. Meanwhile, put all the ingredients except milk into a large mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
3. Add the milk little by little and whisk until combined without lumps. The batter has to be thick and smooth in pouring consistency.
4. Once the maker is ready, pour 2 cups of batter into the grid of waffle maker. Spread evenly such that the batter covers the lower grid.
5. Close the lid and wait the waffle gets cooked (the green light goes off as per my waffle maker). This waffle would have slightly changed color and form some dark spots on top.
6. Once ready, open the lid and carefully remove the baked waffle using spatula.
7. The waffle will be soft when removed from maker and becomes crispy as it cools.
8. Serve immediately with fresh fruits and honey.
Enjoy this delicious waffle for breakfast and start your day.