Mushroom biryani / kalan biryani recipe with step-wise pictures. Biryani is my favorite one pot recipe and I love the flavors and aroma of spices in biryani. Mushroom biryani is a perfect Sunday meal up enjoy with family. The restaurant style mushroom biryani can be prepared easily at home. A simple cucumber or onion raita goes well for this biryani. Let’s see how to make this tasty aromatic biryani in pressure cooker.
Total time required : 30 minutes
No. Of serving : 3-4
- Rice – 2 cups
- Button mushrooms – 1 cup
- Fresh green peas – 1/2 cup
- Onion – 1
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Tomatoes – 2
- Green chilli – 2
- Salt – as required
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Biryani masala – 2 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon – 1 inch
- Cloves – 4
- Cardamom – 2
- Bay leaf – 1
1. Wash the mushrooms well and cut into medium size pieces. Keep aside. Wash and soak rice in water for 10 minutes.
2. Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add the items listed under tempering. Fry for a minute.
3. Add chopped onion and slit green chilli. Saute until it turns translucent.
4. Add ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute. Add chopped tomatoes and cook until it turns mushy.
5. Add the spices listed above and cook until the raw smell goes.
6. Once it combines together, add green peas, mushroom and little water along with required salt.
7. Cook for 2 minutes until the masala coats the mushroom well. Now add the soaked rice and required water (approx 3 cups).
8. Check for salt and mix well. Once the water starts to boil, close the lid and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
9. Once the pressure seizes, open the lid, add ghee and gently fluff the rice.
10. Serve hot with raita.