Egg kulambu / muttai kulambu is a south Indian gravy side dish for rice, dosa and chapathi. Muttai kulambu is super delicious and especially goes well for rice. It is simple gravy without adding coconut, tamarind or an grounded spices. This is my husband’s version of making muttai kulambu. I have already shared my version of egg kulambu.
You may also like similar recipes here:
I have uploaded the video recipe of muttai kulambu below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Total time required : 25 minutes
No. Of serving : 3-4
- Eggs – 4
- Onion – 1
- Garlic – 6
- Tomato – 2
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tbsp
- Salt – as required
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Oil – 3 tbsp
1. Boil eggs in enough water and once cooled, remove the outer shell. Cut the eggs lengthwise into two halves and keep aside.
2. Heat a pan adding oil. Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Once it splutters, add chopped onion and saute well until translucent.
3. Add crushed garlic and saute for a minute. Now, add chopped tomatoes and saute until it turns mushy.
4. Add Coriander powder, garam masala powder, chilli powder, turmeric powder and required salt to it. Mix and saute for a minute.
5. Add required water for the gravy and cook for few minutes until oil separates.
6. Once the gravy becomes little thick, add the eggs and cook for 2-3 minutes. Do not boil for long time and do not stir often.
7. The egg kulambu is ready. Garnish with coriander leaves.
8. Serve hot with rice or chapathi.