Mysore pak is my favorite sweet and would eat it all the time. We never did mysore pak at home and always use to get it from shop as I though it is little tough to get that consistency. But realized that it is very simple and easy to get such a soft mysore pak only after I tried it. This sweet remains special to me always as I got a small flashback.
We had mysore pak as one of the recipes in my wedding. Me and Bharath were watching the cook prepare this sweet in the kitchen the day before our wedding. We enjoyed having it hot and chatting for the whole night with our friends keeping our marriage in morning. So I remember that day whenever I see mysore pak. Coming back to the recipe, it is soft, delightful and melts in mouth.
- Besan flour – 1 cup
- Oil/ghee – 3/4 cup
- Melted Ghee – 1/4 cup + 2 tsp
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Water – 1/4 cup
1. Heat 2 tsp of ghee in a pan and add besan to it. Roast it for a minute until nice aroma of roasted flour comes.
2. Sieve the roasted besan and add oil to it. Mix well without lumps into pouring consistency.
3. Prepared sugar syrup by boiling sugar and water to one string consistency. If you take a drop and rub in between fingers then a thin string has to be formed.
4. Now pour the besan mixture into sugar syrup and keep stirring well.
5. Pour melted ghee slowly to it and keep stirring continuously in low flame for few minutes.
6. The mixture will come together like a ball and will be non sticky.
7. Add it to plate greased with ghee and spread evenly. Let it become warm, then cut into squares.
8. Enjoy this delicious mysore pak.
- I have added oil to make it whereas this can be prepared in full ghee to get rich and softer mysore pak.
- Stirring it continously is important as the mixture may get dry easily. Add little ghee while stirring if required to prevent drying.