Nei biscuits is a delicious, delicate, flavorful and just melts in mouth. This cookies are rich and completely made in pure ghee. I love to eat this biscuits and we get it in Ayyangar bakery. So whenever I go to bakery in India, this is the first thing that I get home. This is also healthy as it is made with gram flour instead of maida. Baking this biscuits fills the entire house with lovely aroma of roasted besan and ghee. Ghee is important and gives melt in mouth consistency so don’t reduce the quantity.
I got this recipe from a group in facebook and was interested to try as it is made with very few ingredients. Do try it at home and relish.
- Besan flour – 1 cup
- Rice flour – 2 tbsp
- Almond & Cashews – 1/4 cup (grounded)
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Ghee – 1/2 cup
- Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
1. Sift together besan and rice flour in a bowl.
2. Powder sugar in a mixer and add to the besan flour mixture(powdering sugar is optional). Then add almonds and cashews to a mixer and powder it coarsely.
3. Add it to the flour mixture along with cardamom powder and mix well everything together.
4. Melt ghee and pour little by little into the mixture and rub with hands. Knead into smooth dough. Add little extra ghee if needed.
5. Cover the dough with cling wrap and place it in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
6. Preheat oven to 160°C and line the baking tray with baking sheet and grease with oil or ghee.
7. Make small balls out of dough, roll and flatten using palms.
8. Arrange it in baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cookies turns slight brown on sides. Mine got done in 23 minutes.
9. Let it cool completely and store it in airtight container.
10. Enjoy this yummy ghee biscuits.