Nendra banana jamun recipe with step-wise pictures. Nendra banana jamun is a delicious festival sweet prepared with Kerala banana. The banana are fried and soaked in sugar syrup. It is soft, juicy and perfect as a quick dessert, evening snack or festival sweets. The banana should be ripe and firm but not over ripen.
You may also like similar recipes here:
Total time required : 20 minutes
No. Of serving : 2-3
- Nendra pazham – 2
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Water – 1/4 cup
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Oil – for frying
1. Peel the banana and cut into thin circular slices.
2. Heat oil in pan for frying. Drop the banana slices and fry in medium flame until it turns brown on both sides.
3. Drain excess oil in Kitchen tissues and fry the remaining slices in batches.
4. For preparing syrup, heat sugar and water and stir until sugar dissolves. Add Cardamom powder and boil until it becomes little thick like syrup.
5. Add fried banana slices and keep soaked for about 2 hours.
6. The delicious nendra banana jamun is ready. Serve and enjoy.
YOU CAN BUY THIS HERE: