This is simple and easy cookies that can be prepared with minimal ingredients. It doesn’t need to be baked and allowed to set together. I had a pack of oats which I wanted to finish soon so when I searched for recipes, got this in pillsbury site. I have modified the recipe to make vegan cookies adding coconut. I prepared it in evening as snack and it tasted super yummy. It is soft, chewy and chocolaty with oats crumbles. The only time required is the resting time to get set. This can also be had as healthy breakfast cookies.
Preparation time : 15 minutes
No. Of serving : 15
- Instant oats – 2 cups
- Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Nutella – 4 tbsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Coconut milk powder – 3 tbsp
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Desiccated coconut – 1/2 cup
1. Line the plate with aluminium foil.
2. Heat sugar, oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add little water to it and stir until sugar dissolves.
3. Add coconut powder to it and stir without lumps for a minute.
4. Remove from flame and add nutella, vanilla essence, dessicated coconut and oats to it.
5. Mix everything together until combined. Scoop and drop 2 tbsp of mixture onto the prepared sheet.
6. Sprinkle desiccated coconut on top (optional) and refrigerate for 15 minutes or until set.
7. Serve with a cup of milk and enjoy.
- If you don’t have coconut milk powder then add half cup of Coconut milk instead of coconut powder and water.