Nutella puffs is my try when I carved to eat something sweet. I wanted to do some snacks and found the puff pasty sheets in my freezer. I felt lazy to cook the stuffing with vegetables so thought of filling with nutella and nuts. The puffs that came out is heavenly, chocolaty and drooling. I made ten mini puffs and had seven puffs all by myself. This can be made within 20 minutes and you will definitely relish.
- Puff pastry sheets – 1 packet
- Nutella – 1 tsp for each puffs or as required
- Chopped nuts – as required for filling
- Oil – for greasing and brushing the top
1. Thaw the pastry sheets as instructed in the packet. Preheat oven to 220°C. Line the baking tin with parchment paper and grease with oil.
2. I used mini pastry sheets for making mini puffs. If you have regular size sheets then cut into halves to make mini puffs.
3. Place the nutella and some nuts at centre and close it from other side. Seal the edges by pressing well. You can make rectangle or triangle shape.
4. Arrange all the pastry in prepared tin and place it in freezer for a minute. This is optional but keeping it for a minute gives many soft layers while baking.
5. Brush the top with oil and bake for 15-20 minutes until the top turns brown. Let it become warm.
6. Enjoy the hot chocolaty nutella puffs.
- This is very simple recipe and I have shared it as post to help a beginner in baking (like me) on how to handle pastry sheet.