I was searching online for a simple sweet bun recipes and tried coconut stuffed sweet buns and this nutella sweet buns. The process for preparing the dough remains the same for both recipes and only the stuffing varies. So I am sharing it in separate post. This tasted so good with chocolaty nutella and spongy soft bun.
- All purpose flour – 2 cups
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Salt – pinch
- Oil – 1/3 cup
- Instant yeast – 2 tsp
- Milk – 1/2 cup + 3 tblspn for brushing on top
- Nutella – as required for filling
1. Take all purpose flour, sugar, salt, oil and yeast in a mixing bowl. If using dry yeast activate it before adding. I have added instant yeast directly to the flour.
2. Heat milk until little warm and add it little by little to the flour and knead into sticky dough.
3. Cover and keep it aside for an hour until the dough is rised doubled the size.
4. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray with parchment paper and grease with oil.
5. Once the dough is raised, punch it well to release the air and Knead well.
6. Take small portion of dough and roll into circles. Spread the nutella at the centre evenly.
7. Roll the one end towards the other side. Now roll the filled dough into circle. Repeat this for remaining dough.
8. Arrange it in the prepared baking tray and leave it for 30 minutes until it raises a little.
9. Brush the top with milk and bake for 20-25 minutes until the turns brown.
10. Once done, let it cool and spread the nutella at top and serve.