Oats and dates cookies is crispy outside and soft inside. I wanted to try a simple cookie recipe for a long time but couldn’t do it. My baby enjoys eating cookies by holding it in hand herself. So wanted to try a healthy cookie for her and finally made this oats dates cookies. My husband after eating asked me if I got this in a bakery shop near to our house. Yes… Really it was so delicious like a store bought one. I have stored it in airtight container and once the box becomes empty, I have planned to prepare another healthy interesting cookies. Stay tuned for that. Do try this oats and dates cookies at home and tell your feedback.
Watch the detailed video recipe here:
- Instant oats – 1 cup
- Wheat flour – 1/2 cup
- Dates chopped – 1/2 cup
- Brown sugar – 1/2 cup
- Oil/Ghee – 1/2 cup
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
- Vanilla essence – 2 tsp
1. Preheat oven to 180° C. Grind instant oats coarsely in a blender. Add it to mixing bowl.
2. Add wheat flour, baking powder and baking soda to oats in bowl and mix well.
3. In separate bowl, mix together oil, sugar, chopped dates and vanilla essence until the sugar dissolves.
4. Now add the flour into wet ingredients and mix to get crumbs like consistency.
5. Add milk to it and mix well in hand to get soft and sticky dough.
6. Make small balls in dough and press gently to make small circles. Make impressions using a fork and repeat with remaining dough.
7. Arrange them in lined baking tray and bake for 20-25 minutes at 180° C in preheated oven.
8. Once baked, let it completely cool and store in airtight container.
9. Serve with a cup of tea.