Orange rava kesari recipe with step-wise pictures. Orange and rava halwa is a quick dessert is similar to other fruit kesari prepared but with a unique taste and flavor of citrus fruit. I had two oranges lying in fridge for few days and wanted to try a recipe using it, then I remembered pineapple sheera recipe so thought of trying the same using orange. It turned out so well and delicious with the mild taste of orange. This can be prepared for any occasions and parties as quick dessert. Do try this orange flavored kesari and let me know your valuable feedback.
Total time required : 20 minutes
No. of serving : 3
- Rava – 1 cup
- Orange – 2
- Water – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Cardamom – 1
- Ghee – 2 tsp
- Cashews – 5
- Raisins – 5
1. Peel the skin of orange. Take the fruit in a blender, add little water and blend for a minute in high speed.
2. Strain the juice using strainer. Squeeze and extract as much juice as possible. The concentrated pure juice has to come for about a cup.
3. Heat a pan, melt ghee and rava to it. Roast it well in low flame until it slightly changes color.
4. Pour water and orange juice to the roasted rava by stirring continuously without forming lumps.
5. Cook and keep stirring in medium flame until it becomes thick. Add sugar to it and mix.
6. The mixture will loosen again as the sugar melts. Add crushed cardamom and a tsp of ghee to the halwa and mix.
7. Cook until it thickens. Add cashews and raisins fried in ghee and mix.
8. Serve it warm. Enjoy this delicious orange kesari.
- You can also use a cup of canned orange juice.
- Adjust the quantity of sugar according to the sweetness of orange.
- Don’t discard the orange peel and that can be used for making a rasam. Recipe of rasam will be on blog soon.