Paal kesari is a prepared completely in milk instead of water. This is slight variation to the normal rava kesari and richer and delicious. I have prepared this kesari for purattasi Saturday special lunch along with kalkand payasam,rice, dal kulambu, two veggies poriyal and appalam. Below is the picture of our offering to God in third Saturday of this month after fasting from morning.
- Rava – 1/2 cup
- Milk – 2 cups
- Ghee – 4 tbsp
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Food color – pinch
- Cashews – 10
- Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
1. Heat 2 tbsp of ghee in a pan and add Cashews and roast until it turns slight brown.
2. Remove from ghee and keep aside. Add rava to the same pan with ghee and roast for a minute in medium flame.
3. Boil milk in a pan and once it starts to boil, add food color and reduce the flame. Add rava little by little stirring continuously.
4. Keep stirring to avoid lumps and cook for few minutes in medium flame until it becomes thick.
5. Add sugar and stir. The mixture will again become loose as sugar combines with it.
6. Stir well until it becomes thick again. Then add cardamom powder along with remaining 2 tbsp of ghee and give a quick stir.
7. Garnish with roasted Cashews and serve warm.