Paan gulkand shots is a traditional drink served in India after a heavy meal. The drink is absolutely delicious, amazingly refreshing and aids in digestion. The drink has unique flavor and fragrance of betel leaves,which also acts as mouth freshener and provides oral health. This can be served as vegan or non vegan version as your prefer. A scoop of ice cream added to the drink enhances the taste but I have skipped it due to calories added. This also serves as summer coolant and sabja seeds can also be added. Usually the thick stem at top of leaf is removed but I have added along with that stem and strained it, as my mother told me that the stem is healthier than the leaf.
Total time required : 5 minutes
No. Of serving : 3
- Betel leaves (paan) – 5
- Milk – 3 cups
- Gulkand (rose petals jam) – 2 tbsp
- Fennel seeds – 1/2 tsp
1. Wash the betel leaves and cut into small pieces.
2. Take betel leaves in a blender, add gulkand and fennel seeds to it.
3. Pour boiled and cooled milk to the ingredients in blender and blend everything together until frothy.
4. Strain it to the serving glass or serve as such adding ice cubes.
It tastes too good when served chill.