Pacha payir kulambu is a healthy south Indian side dish for rice, dosa and chapathi. It is simple, easy to make and good to include in our diet often. I love to eat this curry as side dish for chapathi. You can make the same with sprouted green gram which is more healthy.
You may also like similar recipes here:
- Pacha payir sundal
- Mixed sprouts kulambu
- Kondakadalai kulambu
- Channa carrot kulambu
- Thatta payir kulambu
I have uploaded the video recipe of green gram kulambu below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Preparation time : 20 minutes
No. Of serving : 3-4
- Green gram – 1 cup
- Onion – 1
- Tomato – 1
- Green chilli – 2
- Red chilli – 2
- Asafoetida – pinch
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Sambar powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – as required
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Oil – 2 tsp
1. Wash the green gram and soak in water for 1-2 hours. Once done, add it to pressure cooker along with required water. Pressure cook for 5-6 whistles.
2. Once the pressure seizes, open the lid, slightly mash the green gram with ladle. Mashing it is optional.
3. Heat a pan with oil, add mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Once it splutters, add Asafoetida, slitted green chilli and red chilli.
4. Add chopped onion and saute until translucent. Add chopped tomatoes and cook until mushy.
5. Now add cooked green gram along with required water for the gravy.
6. Add salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder, Coriander powder and sambar powder to it. Mix well and cook for 10-15 minutes.
7. Once everything is combined well. Remove from flame and garnish with coriander leaves.
8. The healthy pacha payir kulambu is ready.