Pacha payir sundal recipe with step-wise pictures. Pacha payir sundal is a simple and healthy evening snack recipe. It is packed with proteins and sundal is a very good option to include healthy grains in our diet. I have prepared the sundal without soaking the green gram. Let’s see how to make a simple green gram sundal.
Total time required : 15 minutes
No. Of serving : 3
- Green gram – 1 cup
- Onion – 1
- Red chilli – 3
- Grated coconut – 1/2 cup
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – as required
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Oil – 1 tsp
1. Dry roast green gram for a minute and pressure cook it for 3 whistles adding enough water.
2. Once cooked and pressure releases, drain excess water from green gram and keep aside.
3. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and urad dal. Once it splutters, add chopped onion and saute well.
4. Once it turns translucent, cut the red chilli roughly into pieces and add to it. Saute for a minute.
5. Add the cooked green gram, turmeric powder and required salt. Mix and cook for 2-3 minutes.
6. Remove from flame, add grated coconut and mix.
7. Transfer into serving bowl and enjoy with tea.