This palak paratha is a healthy breakfast and kids friendly recipe. The palak is cooked slightly and stuffed in paratha to get variation from normal paratha. This can be had with a pickle or curd.
- Wheat flour/atta – 2 cups
- Spinach – 1 cup
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/8 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida – pinch
- Oil – 2 tsp + as needed for frying paratha
- Salt – as required
1. Wash the spinach leaves and chop roughly. Heat a pan with oil and add cumin seeds.
2. When they splutter add chopped palak and fry in low flame until it shrinks. Let it cool and add it to a mixing bowl along with all the ingredients.
3. Mix everything well and add water little by little as needed to make a dough.
4. Divide the dough into small balls and roll into paratha dusting little flour if needed.
5. Heat a pan, drizzle some oil and cook the paratha in medium flame until it turns colour on both sides.
6. Serve hot with any pickle.