Paneer pepper fry recipe with step-wise pictures. Paneer pepper fry is a simple, quick and tasty starter recipe. The paneer cubes are marinated and shallow fried in oil. It is spicy, crispy outside and soft inside. This can be served as side dish for biryani or as a starter for any party at home.
You can also have a look at other paneer recipes here:
- Kadai paneer masala
- Paneer peas biryani in cooker
- Paneer chocolate muffins (eggless)
- Paneer vermicelli pakoda
- Whole wheat paneer cake (eggless)
Total time required: 30 minutes
No. Of serving: 3
- Paneer – 200 gms
- Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Pepper seeds – 10
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – as required
- Curd – 2 tbsp
- Oil – for shallow fry
1. Crush pepper coarsely in a mortar using pestle. Add it to a mixing bowl.
2. Add chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, salt, ginger garlic paste and curd to it. Mix everything into thick paste.
3. Thaw paneer to room temperature and cut into cubes. Prick holes on all sides of paneer cubes.
4. Add the paneer to the prepared masala paste and marinate well such that the paneer gets well coated with masala.
5. Keep aside covered for 20 minutes so that the masala is well absorbed by paneer.
6. Heat a tawa, add little oil or butter and place the marinated paneer cubes.
7. Shallow fry on both sides in low flame until it turns golden brown.
8. Remove from tawa and serve hot.