Paneer tikka pulao recipe with step-wise pictures. Paneer tikka pulao is a simple one pot meal that is prepared adding paneer tikka. It is tasty weekend meal that can be served with simple raita or curry. The marinated tikkas are fried on tawa and cooked with rice. If you love paneer then this is a must try recipe for you.
You may also like similar recipes here:
- paneer mint biryani
- green peas pulao
- tomato pulao
- vegetable pulao
- paneer tikka pepper fry
- paneer pakoda
- garlic paneer
- paneer butter masala
Total time required : 20 minutes
No. Of serving : 4
- Basmati rice – 1 and 1/2 cups
- Onion – 1
- Green chilli – 1
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Cardamom – 1
- Cinnamon – 1 inch
- Cloves – 2
- Bay leaf – 1
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/4 tsp
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Salt – as required
- Paneer cubes – 200 gms
- Curd – 2 tbsp
- Gram flour – 3 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Kasuri methi – 1/2 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Coconut Oil – as required
MAKING PANEER TIKKA:
1. Combine curd, gram flour, ginger garlic paste, chilli powder, Garam masala powder and little salt in a mixing bowl.
2. Mix everything together into thick paste. Add paneer cubes and marinate to coat well. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, wash and soak basmati rice in water for 30 minutes. Heat a griddle adding oil, place the paneer cubes and fry until slightly golden on all sides. Remove from tawa and keep aside.
4. Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add Cumin seeds, cinnamon, Cloves, Cardamom and bay leaf. Saute for a minute.
5. Add chopped onion and slitted green chilli. Saute until translucent. Now add the paneer tikkas, Turmeric powder, garam masala powder and mix lightly without breaking.
6. Drain rice from water and add to it. Saute for a minute. Add 3 cups of water along with required salt. Mix, check for salt and bring to boil.
7. Close the cooker and pressure cook for a whistle. Once the pressure releases, gently fluff the rice with fork.
8. Garnish with Coriander leaves and serve hot with raita.