Paramannam is a traditional, authentic payasam that they usually offer as prasatham in temple.This is similar to sweet pongal we do at home and slightly diffes in texture and taste.
- Rice-1 cup
- Chana dal-1/2
- jaggery-1/2 cup
- Peanuts-1/4 cup
- Ghee- 2 tsp
- Water-2 cups
- Soak rice in water for about half an hour ang grind it coarsely.
- Boil water and add chana dal, peanuts and cook.
- When it gets half cooked, add rice mixture to it.
- When rice and dal gets cooked add jaggery and mix well.
- Add ghee when mixing.Nuts fried in ghee can be added.