Pasi paruppu sambar recipe with step-wise pictures and video recipe. Pasi paruppu sambar is a simple south Indian sambar recipe for idli, dosa and pongal. This is quick and easy recipe that is apt for bachelors and working woman. I make it often as it doesn’t require much work to do. I have learned this sambar recipe from my mother.
You may also like similar recipes here:
I have uploaded the video recipe of pasi paruppu sambar below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Total time required : 15 minutes
No. Of serving : 3-4
- Pasi paruppu – 1 cup
- Tomato – 1
- Onion – 1
- Green chilli – 2
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Sambar powder – 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida – pinch
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Salt – as required
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing
1. Wash pasi paruppu and add it to cooker along with 3 cups of water. Wash, cut the tomato and add it to the cooker.
2. Close the lid and pressure cook for 2-3 whistles. Mash slightly and keep aside.
3. Heat a pan adding oil, add mustard and Cumin seeds. Once it splutters add slitted green chilli and chopped onion.
4. Saute until translucent and add the cooked pasi paruppu along with required salt and required water for the gravy. Add enough water as the sambar will thicken as it cools.
5. Mix well and bring it to boil. Add asafoetida, turmeric powder, chilli powder, Coriander powder and sambar powder to it.
6. Stir well and Cook for 5-10 minutes in medium flame. Switch off the flame and garnish with coriander leaves.
7. Serve hot for any tiffin in morning.