Peanut modak is one of the recipes I prepared for pooja on vinayagar chathurthi. This is similar to the kozhukattai I prepared with sesame seeds. We enjoyed eating this for the festival and I have added the picture of my evening Pooja on Vinayagar Chathurthi.
- Rice flour – 1 cup
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Peanuts – 1/2 cup
- Jaggery – 1/2 cup
- Cardamom – 2
1. Dry roast peanuts for a minute without changing color and let it cool.
2. Add it to mixer along with jaggery and cardamom. Grind into coarse or fine powder. This is stuffing.
3. Boil water adding salt and oil. Then add rice flour to it. Mix well to form a smooth dough.
4. Let it become warm enough to touch, spread oil in both hands. Take small amount of dough and flatten it using hands.
5. Place the stuffing at centre and close it on all sides to form modak shape.
6. Repeat for remaining dough and steam it for 10 minutes.
7. The delicious modak is ready.